Want to get qualified leads online for your service-based business?
For any service-based business, lead generation is a hot topic. If your lead flow is inconsistent, your cash flow will be too.
I’ve got good news. You only need three things to make your marketing work.
1. In-depth knowledge of your audience
Most of the people I do free strategy sessions with, don’t know their audience. They are either guessing and/or their audience is too broad (I can help everyone!).
It’s time to stop guessing, and do your homework.
Instead of trying to help everyone, decide on THE ONE. Dig deeper than calling yourself a health coach. Define a sub-niche. Example: you’re a health coach who helps new mums get back in to healthier routines after having their kids. Or you’re a business coach who works with creative agencies.
Get to know your audience’s biggest frustrations, what they love, their big goals and dreams, plus anything that keeps them ‘stuck’. Your ideal clients will feel like you’re reading their mind when they read your content. This will give your potential clients confidence in you and build trust.
2. A marketing/sales funnel designed to convert that you’re proud to promote
Your marketing systems include your website, funnel, and follow-up nurture email systems. It’s important that you design them to convert visitors to leads, leads to clients, and clients to raving fans.
- Website: Your website projects the quality of service you provide to your visitors. How well it is designed and branded directly affects how your potential clients see you. Your site should position you as the premier authority for your ideal clients. Finally, you must have an online presence you’re proud to promote. This will help to give you the confidence to market yourself.
- Funnel: The goal of your funnel should be to entice your visitors to take another step. The first step will likely be to give you their email to request information or get a free gift. Your second step may be to book a discovery call, get on a webinar, or buy something from you. And your third step may be a higher-priced package or recurring-revenue subscription.
- Follow-up Email Nurture: Most of the people who visit your website or sales pages won’t be ready to buy. That’s why we entice them with a free gift, also called a lead magnet, at the beginning of your funnel. This allows us to continue to email them helpful information to gradually move them to the sale. Most of your sales will come from your email nurture system.
3. A way to drive traffic to fill your funnel
You need to master a few ways to drive traffic to your funnel. Focus on traffic channels you enjoy and obviously think about the places where your ideal paying clients ‘hang-out’ – make sure you are ‘fishing’ in the right lake.
Create a balance of traffic from:
- Contacts: Your list, your social followers, joint ventures, guest blogging, etc.
- Content: Blog posts, social content, videos, podcasts, search engine optimisation, etc.
- Paid ads: Paid ads, such as Facebook ads, banner ads, Google AdWords, etc.
Having a balance of the three will help you to keep your lead flow steady and your funnel full. For example, if your joint ventures are busy with launches, your blog posts and paid ads can fill in the gap. If your ad-spend increases, your email list and SEO can keep the leads flowing.
To summarise, there are only three things you need to succeed in generating leads online.
- know your audience
- have a marketing system designed to convert
- traffic to fill your funnel
You can’t succeed with only one or two.
- Even if you know your audience and have an amazing marketing system, without traffic, you won’t get leads.
- If you have a marketing system and traffic but you’re speaking to the wrong audience, you won’t get leads.
- And if you’ve got traffic and know your audience, but you don’t have a marketing funnel, you won’t get leads.
If you’re struggling to steadily get leads online, or you know you need help in any of these three areas, let’s talk.
THE RULE OF ONE
ONE IDEAL PAYING CLIENT – ONE MARKET – ONE AVATAR
Who’s THE ONE? I Know You Could Help EVERYONE, But Who’s The ONE? The ONE you REALLY want to serve?
I’m going to take you through the first key ingredient of every successful Sales funnel … deciding on the ONE AVATAR for your business RIGHT NOW
To put this in to context, getting clear on your ONE Avatar sits in the Plan Stage of my 6-Figure Sales Funnel Launch Plan, in Step 1 – Market & Message
Right now, it’s likely you are serving multiple markets with your service or offering, from all different walks of life, age groups and with different reasons for buying from you. A common statement from clients I work with is ‘our service can help everyone!’
At this first crucial step, more specifically than just picking one market, you need to build up a profile of your most ideal ‘paying’ client – we call this your Avatar (and yes there’s a difference between your ideal client and your ideal ‘paying’ client … namely that their financial circumstances means they actually have the money to invest in your offer RIGHT NOW if they wanted to. It’s no good trying to sell a £5,000 service or offer to someone with no money to invest)
So, if your most ideal ‘paying’ client walked through the door right now, who are they? What are they thinking? Where do they ‘hangout’ online? What are their favourite hobbies and interests? What keeps them up at night? What are their biggest worries, doubt and fears?
It’s your mission to define your most ideal paying client as in depth as you can
Your strategy in becoming successful or more successful will start with one avatar at a time. You must start with one. Remember, less is more.
Once you prove to be successful with your first avatar, and you become their ‘favourite’ you can then add as many as you’d like (one at a time). Focusing on a single avatar at a time will take you from being anonymous, bland and unmemorable to familiar, trustworthy and extraordinary within your ideal target market. You want to be the sender of the email they can’t wait to receive, the one they ALWAYS open, just to see what words of wisdom you are sharing and what offers you have that address their biggest frustrations right now.
When your audience sees your messaging they will feel like, “Hey, that’s me. You know me. You understand me. You’re speaking right to me.” When you don’t have a defined avatar, you’re searching around in the dark. You’re guessing with ads and messaging, just hoping for a response. This strategy (or lack of) is a waste of time and money.
Stop Targeting Everyone, Instead Target THE ONE
It’s about knowing your avatar better than they know themselves. When you can articulate their goals, dreams, frustrations, fears, better than they can, the rest of your marketing falls into place. It means you’ll never have to use guesswork with your ad copy (text), landing pages and content. Everything else you want to create becomes systematic because you’ve taken the time to define who you’re targeting.
How do I do that?
We help our clients through this process with our unique frameworks, that guide you through this whole process. But basically you need to think about this: “What do your clients want MORE of and want do they want LESS of?”
Take the time to do this properly ONCE. Please, please, don’t guess or assume.
Because, what I can guarantee for you is that if you don’t take the time to get this right the first time, it will come back to bite you in terms of spending too much for your leads.
Vague Avatar & Vague Messaging = higher cost per lead and less profit!
Remember: “What do your clients want MORE of and want do they want LESS of?” If you’re unsure – ask them!
COMING NEXT: Step 2 – ONE MESSAGE
P.S. For detailed frameworks to guide you step by step with launching your 6-Figure Sales Funnel, get on the waiting list for our Members-only Client Attraction LaunchPad … Coming Soon HERE